Mother Mary Says

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Cracked

Last year I lost my wedding ring. Actually it has had a rough 35 years. It was on it's third diamond, since I had lost the other two. This time I lost the whole ring! I am not sure how, but it MAY have gotten flushed down the toilet.
At any rate, Jon bought me a new ring. I selected a unique ring with two lovely opals. It was so different and I really liked the look.
Well, as life goes , one of the opals cracked. UGH! But the good news is that, at the time of purchase, we took out a protection plan so they will be sending me a check to use for a new ring. In some ways I am disappointed for I really loved the ring I had. But it was no good to me cracked and they could not repair it ,so there was no other option.
Our culture ignores cracked people, the mentally ill, the homeless, the drug addicts and more I could name. They are seen as worthless throw aways. We drive quickly past them or see them on the street and look the other way.
But God sees people differently. For one thing, he knows and loves us personally, including our hurts and hang ups. He is never surprised by the messes of our lives. He invites us to come to him, bruised and broken. In fact, he shines best out of our cracked lives.
Broken so describes my life ,with my OCD and anxiety and social ineptness. I am overjoyed that he does not throw me away but finds me useful, peculiarities and all.
I don't have to fix myself before I come to him.
He just says 'Come, all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.'
I have taken him up on that invitation.
Have you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home