Mother Mary Says

Friday, June 08, 2007

All my heart

My eldest grandson moved out last week after high school graduation. Well, moved out is a relative term. Actually he took his bed but not much else. Ask his Mom. He left more behind than he took and it is filling up the room she wants to reclaim to 'stage' her move next month. Clothes, outgrown clothes for his son, baby bottles, etc. as well as papers, lots of papers and who knows which one might be important since there is no system for them. She is busy this weekend sorting and boxing and throwing away what she can.
A verse I was thinking on this morning said this:
I will praise the Lord with my whole heart.
I got this mental picture of my heart being full of stuff , like that room I just described. Worries, unhealed pain, unforgiveness, pride , poor self concept, disappointments and lots more.
I guess that, like my daughter, I need to sort out and dispose of the things that fill my heart and leave no room for the Lord or praise.
I want to praise with a heart full of only HIM!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the more i clean the more of his stuff i find - goes to prove beyond doubt that he is mine (!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home