Mother Mary Says

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Losers?

Our family seems to be going through a rash of losing things.
It began years ago, I have to admit ,when we lost the birth certificates, marriage licence and divorce papers all at the same time. 10 years later they have still not been found.
More recently someone lost a very important check that had to be re-issued and so did another in our family.
In the last week another family member lost her ATM cards twice, not finding it the second time. UGH!
Yet another misplaced his checkbook ,which finally turned up in a very funny place.
I seem to lose my chap stick times without number- so much so that I have three, though Ruth has many more for the same reason.
Yesterday I lost the money I was giving my grandson for his birthday and only found it at the last minute.
Does losing things make you a loser?
NO! It means that you lose things, an act. It does not mean that your character is that of a loser- a term of shame.
Jesus told three parables about people that lost things in Luke 15. The lost sheep, the lost coin and the lost son. In each case, the one looking rejoiced when what was lost was found. thtat is me when I find my chap stick again.( smile)
The third story is really about God longing for us to come to him and no longer be like the lost son.
The following song has been running through my heart the last day or so:
In heaven's eye there are no losers
In heaven's eyes, no hopeless cause
Only people like you with feelings like me
Amazed at the grace they can find
In heaven's eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home