Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Wilted

Last week we made a fun trip to our favorite nursery. Among the things that we chose was a tomato plant. We had tried one years ago to no avail. But' try, try again' so we brought home a science experiment, I guess.
Yesterday morning I woke to see it all wilted over. UGH. I jumped out of bed and ran to it's side. I mixed up some B1 and poured it on quickly. I was not sure if it would survive but I had to try. Since it is in a pot and not in the ground yet, it does have to depend on me and I had let the poor thing down. I am happy to report that by lunch time it was fine again.
Sometimes I feel wilted like my tomato plant. hit by a blast of physical pain or anxiety. And just like my plant, I have to run and get a drink from the Word.
Jeremiah had something to say about that:
Blessed is the woman who trusts in the Lord. She will be like a tree( or tomato plant) planted by the water that extends it roots by a stream. It will not fear when heat comes but it's leaves will be green ( and not wilted). It will not be anxious in a year of drought( when someone forgets to water) nor cease to yield fruit( Boy I hope that it true for my plant).
Kind of reminds me again of Psalm 112:7 she will have not fear of bad news. Her heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
I don't want to be a wilted plant so I am fixing my confidence on the Lord and that will water my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home