Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Check your underwear

When I was growing up, my mom always said, don't leave the house with scroungy underwear on lest you have an emergency and have to go to the hospital. That proved good advice a couple of years ago when I passed out visiting a friend at the hospital and became a patient ASAP. I did have clean neat underwear and did not have to panic about being transferred from visitor to patient.
Buddy had that moment yesterday. He had been ill since Saturday evening( intestinal stuff) and all home remedies were to no avail. So we have to take him to the Vet. Now, he does not wear underwear of course, but he did have to wear his gentle leader ( over his nose and around his head) And it was dirty with dog slobber. It did need washing or replacing but there was no time.
He had to stay the day and put up with cats, his nemesis.
I am glad to report that he is doing better since he came home last night. He is tired from his illness and all the excitement at the vet, but dramatically recovered.
One final thought, when my last moment on earth comes, I do not have to worry about my clothing . At the moment of salvation, Jesus removed my filthy, torn garments and clothed me with his robe of righteousness, clean and new. So when he called, I can leave ASAP with no concerns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home