Mother Mary Says

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Stars everywhere

Remember that 'star' stands for rats backwards.
The other evening as I was talking with my daughter ,I spied a mouse trying to get in the glass door from our patio. I tried to catch him with a pie pan- what was I thinking??? He ran off and I gave chase to no avail.
Then I resumed my conversation and now spied a 'star' in the bird feeder, eating contentedly. I ran out and he didn't even move until I was just about on him.
Now I had to face that we were being overrun with rodents. Jon hates them and I am the rodent patrol as well as the rodent mortician.
Off the to store to gather supplies. In the past, I have had good luck with sticky pads for the mice but the rats are too smart. So I passed them up. Next I considered some blocks of poison. Seemed a good alternative, except for the dog issue. But drastic times call for drastic measures.
I deposited the poison and had to carefully tell Jon about not letting the dog out without telling the whole story.
The next morning both blocks of poison were gone as was the one I put out the next night. Now Whatever is in the blocks must be very tasty. Now I just have to wait for them to die.
James says that when we are tempted that we are carried away and enticed by our own lust. Carried away gives the picture of bait in a trap. ( star bait). Good lesson the next time I am tempted with an overwhelming urge to do what I know it wrong or not good for me. I need to visualize the 'star bait' and think of his end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home