Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Unfinished

I would hate to have you look into either my knitting bag or box.
In my bag you would see the beginnings of some cute pillows for my nieces- with a pocket in the front I am going to fill with treats- when I finish them. Next you would come across my newest project- a shrug with simply soft yarn. It says it is a beginner project, so we will see.
Before I began the pillows, I was working on a sampler afghan- each square is a different stitch. I am using a variety of pinks and whites. But the pillow pattern was so cute I put the afghan aside for now. And then I wanted a short project so put the pillow aside and I did a few hot pads in Lion Brand's cotton two for me and one for Deborah.
In my knitting box there are a few scarfs that I made in the winter that I need to weave in the ends. I had them done in plenty of time for the homeless at the mission but now it's too hot. So they are tucked away- for another time.
Oh, I forgot that I did finish two beanies for my grandsons while it was still cool. But that was in the middle of my afghan project.
All this came to my mind the other morning as God was re-enforcing Phil 1:6 saying that HE always completes what He begins - in the lives of each of His children. What a blessing to know that I am not stuffed in a box somewhere in heaven, long forgotten. God is still working on me, to make what He created me to be.
More on this thought tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home