Mother Mary Says

Thursday, May 17, 2007

How time flies or what's up?

The last post was written when family crisis hit.
About the same time I faced that fact that I was battling the blues.
Note to self:
Don't over-analyze why you feel blue.
I could find too many reasons.
The loss of my brother- still painful.
Family crisis with grandson- Duh!
High pain level and lack of deep sleep.
Self imposed stress just going and doing too much.
Anxiety about the upcoming retreat in May where I was to speak.
I have to say that I did come to a decision about how to face the blues:
Keep to my normal routine and delay dealing to see if it goes away by itself.
That did and did not work.
I did begin to have times of day that were depression free and rejoiced in that. But I still felt I have to DO something to make it all go away.
My grandson stabilized.
I got my pain under control.
I reduced my running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I enjoyed some days to just sit in my garden and read.
My winter Bible Study ended and while I missed to ladies, it was good to have a break.
I found myself in the Psalms morning after morning. Sometimes I only read and meditated on a few verses for the whole time.
Then I hit this:
Psalm 86:4
Bring Joy to your servant for to you I lift up my soul.
Wow- That was the key. God was the source of Joy.
My job- just lift my soul to him.
His job- fill my soul with the joy of the Lord.
Wow- I am back in the land of the living.
Thanks Lord.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So wonderful to have you back - missed you terribly ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home