Mother Mary Says

Friday, May 18, 2007

Word alive

In our house we love words. I read the newspaper, including the comics each morning. After Jon finished his perusal of the paper, he hits the Internet for more updated news.
I read part of a book each day and if I do not discipline myself, I have two books going at the same time.
Along with the above reading, I love to read God's word daily too. But it is different in that is it living and active. I call it my sword. It cuts to the heart of matters in my life, either convicting or encouraging me as needed.
The newspaper can't do that. It is just a report. It is not life changing.
Let me share an example from the last 24 hours of my life.
Last night in a conversation with a friend, fear raised it ugly head about one of my grandsons and his future. As I hung up, I began to churn inside, battling the 'what if's' we had discussed. Just as quickly the Holy Spirit reminded me of the psalm that I am memorizing.
Psalm 112:7 She will have not fear of bad news. Her heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
Almost immediately I felt peace descend.
Then this morning I had a bad dream in which Jon left for a mysterious Brenda! I was overwhelmed in my dream and then I heard myself say :
She will have not fear of bad news. Her heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
When I woke I repeated the verse and the impact of the dream faded quickly.
I am glad that the Word is alive and timely and active in my life.
Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home