Mother Mary Says

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Let me in

Yesterday was a tiring day. It was my first day to watch my new great grandson and he is great!!! Just ask his paternal Grandma. But this is not about him. That just gives background to the rest of the day.
After Jacob went home at 6 PM I had two important errands to run. First off I had to go to OSH to get some bulbs for the garden club workshop today. But that too is another story.
My second stop was Hallmark. I needed a birthday card for Jacob's Dad who turns 18 tomorrow. It was about 8:10 and I was hopeful they were still open since I saw ladies inside. The door was locked and they opened it just so wide and asked my name. I thought, ' Well,this is new. Maybe they are greeting all their gold crown customers since it is the holiday season.'
I gave my name and they searched the list on the clipboard.
' How do you spell that?'
That made me nervous.
A closer check of the list revealed that I was NOT on it.
UGH.
" Are you here with the VIP tour?"
" No" I said.
I felt so unimportant, almost like an ant.
"Well, we are not open to the general public." Lock went the door.
I was out in the cold and they were inside having full access to the birthday cards, no less.
I ranted and raved to myself on the way home, empty handed. Even more so because the stop at OSH yielded no bulbs!
Last night as we lay in bed and I recounted this for the 100th time, I wondered if that is what the 'pearly gate' scene will be like. God opening the book and looking for my name. Asking if I am a VIP.
My answer:
Well, I am not a VIP but I am with one- Jesus.
And yes, my name is in the Lamb's book of life, written in his blood.
On second thought, I don't think that God will have to look me up in his book at all.
He knows my name.
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call.
He is the' God who sees me' to Hagar.
The one who knows each word I am going to say before I say it to David.
All such intimate knowing means that God will not have to look me up. He will know me and have sent for me.
Bonus thought:
I wonder is my dear Mother in Law will have the clipboard at the gate and hug me crying" we have been waiting for you"?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are always on my VIP list, mom!! ~R~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home