Mother Mary Says

Saturday, August 26, 2006

No good very bad week

Like Alexander, I had a hard week. At least he only had a bad day.
Three major things came our way-
Our hot water heater died
Our Beta, Mr. Tumnus, died
I developed Shingles and not the kind on my roof but on my body.
The hot water heater disaster brought out gales of laughter today as Jon heated water and poured it in the tub for me. As a true gentleman , he would bath second. Just like pioneer days I remarked. In the process I coined a new song, destined for the top ten I am sure:
Home, Home on the range
Where we heat the water for baths
And seldom is heard
any words at all
caus our teeth are chattering.
Rest in peace Mr. Tumnus. You were a good friend and I will miss your face pressed against the glass begging for food.
About shingles- there is nothing funny to say. Well, perhaps the doctor asking if I had been under stress lately was funny!!!! He did not have time to hear it all so I just said, 'YES!' Unlike chicken pox, the bumps are not the worst part. The worst part is pain that runs out from each bump, along the nerve line.
As I pondered the week, looking for a sparkle,this verse came to me:
'This poor woman cried out and the Lord heard her and saved her out of all her troubles.' So I continue to cry out and wait for his deliverance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home