Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Finally HOT!

Today the man from Lowe's delivered and installed our new hot water heater. Boy, it sure feels good to have hot water again. It is funny how you take it for granted. I have to admit that I have already gotten into a routine of boiling water for dishes, to wash my hair in the kitchen sink( like I did as a small child) and all. It was not all that bad, except not being able to take a shower.
The worst part was today when I walked the track at MJC with my friend for a hour. I was hot and sweaty when I returned home. Nothing to do but change all my clothes and wipe up with baby wipes.( what a wonderful invention)
I thought about how you never hear people talking about their beloved hot water heaters. They are so faithful that the subject is boring. Who drained their hot water heater every 12 months anyway? No one I know. They have national hot dog day and national yoyo day, but who ever heard of national drain your hot water heater day??? We are making labor day our "drain day" each year. Join me if you like. Maybe we can start a whole new movement. Of course the hot water heater manufacturers will object since I will mean less sales!
Back to the topic of boring. Other words are monotonous,humdrum, trite, etc. That is how most of us feel about having hot water. It is also how most of us feel about God's faithfulness. He gives us sunlight each day, but do we stop to thank him? No way, we are bored. He gives that seasons with boring regularity. What else can you think of?
Now, stop taking that item for granted and thank God for his faithfulness in providing that. Like I will for hot water, until it become humdrum again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home