Mother Mary Says

Friday, March 24, 2006

Who you know

Last Saturday I got up early to go to a pot party! Now, before you call 911, let me assure you that it was a party to decorate clay pots, not smoke marijuana. My going at all is the unusual feature in this story. I am not crafty and derive no joy in such ventures. I am too obsessive to begin with and lack talent and experience too.
This time, unlike the previous where we painted on designs, we were to decopage! I was intimidated and had a hard time just wrapping the pot with colorful tissue paper. Then I got glue all over me and the table. In Monk fashion, I have to wipe that up quick.( which took up some time-Yeah)
The ladies around me were having a blast. They visited as they worked and they were finished with one and on to another before I could wrap my first one. I was just there to show support for this project, I kept telling myself. We have to have 300 pots done before Easter for give- aways on Easter weekend at church.
Since I was there, I did make a good try and in fact completed three pots and have some more to do at home!
It became obvious that it was not about what I knew( since I knew nothing), but Who I knew. I needed my friend Pamela to show me step by step how to do this. She was so helpful to me and even added words to encouragement me along the way. She did not laugh at me but with me, a great quality of hers.
My work will never be in the art galleries of the world, or even Modesto for that matter. I do not have the knowledge or skill to do so. But because of a dear friend, I was able to create a simple pot to point someone to the ONE I know, the resurrected Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home