Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Terrible horrible no good very bad evening

Did you ever read that book about Alexander? He had a terrible, horrible no good very bad day. It included lima beans for dinner, kissing on TV, cavities when his siblings had none, his night light burning out and much more. He wanted to move to Australia. But his Mom said there were bad days there too.
Last evening was one of those 'days' for me.
Buddy threw up his dinner while I was talking on the phone. The printer had a paper jam and when I cleared it, it refused to acknowledge I have done so. So I followed instructions and took the back off, not noting how it fit. Then I could not see to put it back. So I borrowed the lamp in the bedroom, not knowing the top was going to fall sideways limp. I sighed and lugged it to the printer anyway, desperately needing the light, but still could not figure out how to put the back on again. I could not turn the printer off either or fix the lamp.
And the way my 'luck' was running, Jon drove up to the house in time to see me through the window as I dragged the lamp back, dangling wildly. UGH.
Things may be that crazy in Australia but I know for sure that in Heaven, it will be stress free.
Paul put it this way:
To live is Christ
To die is gain.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Groseys messages said…

    Hey, I am in Australia and I can tell you..we sure do have some miserable very bad days here too.
    Mary, I came across your blog site through a loink from someone else's site, and I must say, you are one of the most illustrative writers I have ever come across.
    I admire your gift at illustration!
    Thank you for your contributions,
    Steve

     

Post a Comment

<< Home