Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Painted in a corner

Yesterday Buddy heard a noise. Now you say, doesn't that happen all day long. Well, 'yes and no.'
What he heard with he extrasensitive radar was a 'booming noise.' It was WWIII as far as he was concerned. I had been up earlier and sneaked back to bed for a cuddle before the day began.
Just as I settled in for a long winter nap, I heard a noise myself. It was coming from the little bathroom, really just the shower and toilet room. I knew that it meant that Buddy had gone in there to hide and somehow shut the door and was now in the dark in tight quarters. I sighed and hoped he would just go to sleep. HA!
No way, he panicked and banged the door. I got up and let him out and shut the door.
"It's Ok" I crooned to him. "Go back to bed, silly one".
That lasted 30 seconds, just time for me to lay my head down again.
Now he headed to the walk in closet and was digging to China.
Jon jumped up and tried to reassure him, to no avail.
We gave up and got up and he followed us around begging for us to make the popping noise stop. We explained there was nothing to fear, but he was not comforted. I resorted to his doggie tranquilizer but even that did not help for many hours. The noise, whatever it was continued , driving he more crazy by the minute. And ,me with him.
In my frustration, I wished I was a dog so I could explain to him there was nothing to be afraid of. But , alas I do not speak his language.
Then it hit me, that is what God did. He came to earth as one of us, speaking our language to tell us how much he loved us in a way we could understand. I am grateful that when I am afraid, I can look to him and read of his love and care and not drive myself crazy over things that can't really harm me.
Buddy finally collapsed at 2 PM and boy did he sleep.
I would like to say that we have not heard the noise again, but it was there, this morning, like clockwork. We put on a soothing CD, turned the volume up and he was lulled back to sleep. We all got a pre-breakfast nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home