Mother Mary Says

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Timing

Yesterday we had company for dinner. Because I had a busy afternoon, I did some prep ahead, like cooking the brown rice, putting the fish in the marinade, and making the pudding.
When I arrives back home at 3:30 I had to get going. I ironed the table cloth and set the table. Next I needed to make the cookie dough to have it ready to bake after dinner. Also I wanted to get the biscuit dough made and cut them out. All this led to a weird scene- me in the garage with the mixer!
Why ,you might ask yourself, was I in the garage creaming the eggs, sugar and butter? I asked myself that same question.
Here in lies the story.
Jon is very sensitive to noise when he is on the phone. He has to have absolute silence. I think it is the way men are wired.( I am sorry Lord to questioning your design). They can not multi-task. This led to my dilemma.
As I was gathering all the ingredients, Jon picked that moment to call and chat with his sister. What to do? I did not want to slow down the progress I was making so I opted to head out to the garage to mix my dough. I thought I was pretty smart.
Back in the kitchen with the dough done, I discovered Jon was still visiting and getting caught up on family news. Now I had an even noisier task to accomplish. I needed to use the blender to grind up some oatmeal into flour for the biscuits. So out to the garage I went again, dragging my blender!
This second trip gave me cause to ponder how critical timing is. It is obvious in the book of Esther ( If it's been awhile since you have read it, give it a good read).
But the verse God gave me was Galatians 4:4' At just the right time, God sent forth His Son, born of a virgin, born under the law to redeem those under the law .' God's timing is always perfect and He sent Jesus neither one day too early nor one day too late. He came at just the right time.
Now if Jon and I could just get our timing coordinated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home