Mother Mary Says

Monday, March 13, 2006

False advertising

One night last summer when our middle grandson was here, we saw a TV commercial for a local fast food establishment. They were offering a delicious Junior Sundae. And the best part was that it was only $.99.
The next day Jon drove us over to that drive in. He did not have to read the menu. He had come for his junior Sundae and that is what he ordered. Mick, being perhaps smarter, ordered something entirely different. With my sugar limitations, I didn't get anything. They bagged our delights and we drove home.
Jon could not wait to dig into his sundae. As you may have guessed, they really should have called 'microscopic' sundae.
" Hey, look a this. This is false advertising. I can't believe I fell for that!" Jon whined.
" I see what you mean" Mick replied. "It is sort of small, to say the least."
I just shook my head. "Why does it look so big on TV?"
I hate ads the deceive. It makes me feel stupid that I got suckered into to buying their product.
Just a note for future reference:
You will never find that to be true with God. In fact, He is more that you can imagine.
Paul says:
Eye has not seen, neither has ear hear what God has for those who love him.
You can trust God to be BETTER that what you have heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home