Mother Mary Says

Sunday, March 05, 2006

The ring part 2

No I have not found my ring. Booh Hoo!!! I keep looking in odd places and have found other cool stuff, but not my ring. I can now tell you what is in my purse and my makeup drawer is very clean. Even the couch where I napped that day has been inspected and I found a stray piece of popcorn- now stale.
But yesterday my loving husband took me to purchase another ring! I picked a lovely ring , simple yet elegant, with opals and diamonds. It was on sale, 50% off and then we had another 20% off coupon. Ever the shopper, Jon was very proud of himself. His Mom sure would have been too.
Only one problem, I came home without it. Oh, it is paid for and safe, but not on my hand.
I had to have it sized.
As I napped yesterday thinking about all this, I thought about how the Holy Spirit is our 'engagement ring', sort of a down payment for our wedding to come at the end of time. We can't see the reality of Jesus our Bridegroom yet, but he has paid the price and our relationship is a done deal. The Holy Spirit is my guarantee that He is mine and I am his.
And in a funny way, the Holy Spirit's job is to size me up to fit Jesus in eternity by developing Jesus character in me, day by day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home