Mother Mary Says

Friday, March 10, 2006

Sky Burial

I just finished reading a book with the above title. It is about Tibet. The title refers to a practice that makes me shudder. Actually I had chosen the book since we had seen a video of this area and this practice recently.
The book itself is a powerful love story about a wife who hunts for her husband who vanished in Tibet in 1958. Unfortunately he was a victim of a sky burial, a martyr actually to stop the killed of Chinese soldiers by Tibetans.
This area is Buddhist and Lamaist combined. They have a place in the mountains where they put dead bodies ( and sometimes not so dead) for the biggest vultures I have ever seen. ( more like dog size!) They feel that if the birds eat the entire body that evil spirits will not haunt the village. But they never know if every last piece has been consumed and the spirits have accepted the sacrifice. The dread calls for more and more 'sky burials'.
As I pondered this, I thought about how Satan is a murderer and loves death. He is also a liar and has hidden the truth that they are sacrificing to evil spirits, not the other way around. The video we saw gave us an eerie feeling, as though we could sense the evil in that place right through our TV.
I was awakened several times in the night to pray for the people of Tibet who know nothing of the Love of God, only the horror of evil spirits and the fear they will not appease them. I prayed God would send someone who can communicate the love God has for them and the final sacrifice Jesus gave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home