Mother Mary Says

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Buddy's trick

Buddy is getting quite sneaky. At bedtime every night, we give him a little soy milk when we have ours. He is quick to fixate on rituals ( could he have caught OCD from us?) and will carry on if we forget.
This particular night, I gave him his soy milk and began the rest of the bedtime routine. Jon, unaware of my having already satisfied Buddy's whining, gave him soy milk too! Buddy was so proud of himself. He did not even have to work Jon very hard to appear pathetic and in need to his nightcap.
Of course that meant that someone would have to commit to get up very early with him. Perhaps that was his plan as well. Jon was that good sport and took him out at 3:30 AM. He even gave him breakfast at that time!
To show the depth of his lying ability , when I got up later he acted like he had not been fed. But I was not fooled. After all Mom's have eyes in the back of their heads, right?
God does too. Or to be more correct, He can see everywhere at once since He is omnipresent. I know that thought for some is scary. For me, it is so encouraging. One of my new favorite verses is II Chronicles 16:9 :
The eyes of the Lord range throughout all the earth, looking to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.
That describes me, a heart fully committed to Him. So I can be sure that he is watching over me. And available to strengthen me.
" My Father's watching over me." YEAH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home