Mother Mary Says

Monday, March 20, 2006

Any port in a storm

The other day we had Buddy out on his morning walk and thunder sounded. As you may know he is terrified of any sound that resembled fireworks( more on that tomorrow). He put his head down and ran all the way home with Jon hanging on to him as best he could.
He knew nothing of the saying " any port in a storm". For him there was only one place to be safe, HOME. He knew that he could find a dark safe place there, that Mom would take care of him and protect him.
That is how I feel about God. He is, as the song says, " a shelter in the time of storm". He talks softly to me, as I do to Buddy. He protects me, as Buddy thinks I am doing for him. He has to power to change what is going on. That is where God and I differ. I can't stop what frightens Buddy but God can stop what frightens me, if he chooses. Sometimes He calms the storm and sometimes He calms His child. Either way, He is my safe place and like Buddy, I know no other shelter will work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home