Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Did you hear that?

Today I was upstairs on the computer when I heard Jon talking to me.
"Be quiet!"
At first I thought he was talking to the dog. But soon realized he was talking to me!
" Huh?"
" Did you hear that?"
" What?"
" Shush" Or however you spell that.
Now my curiosity was peaked so I stopped what I was doing and came to the top of the stairs.
" What are you doing?"
"I think that something is in the wall! But I can't figure out how that can be since there is no way to get in at this location."
I thought I had better head this off quick since I knew he was worried about a 'star' in the wall.( rats spelled backward)
"Maybe it is a bird outside"
" I checked and can't see anything. I had better close the flue in the fireplace so nothing can come down the chimney."
" Well now you have something new to worry about besides your hip pain." Probably the wrong thing to say, in hindsight.
After more minutes of silence and detective work he concluded that maybe it( whatever it was) was in the gutter outside after all and he just could not see it.
Bored ,I wandered back to the computer and finally he went off to do something else.
The key to this mystery was being quiet so we could hear the 'noise'( which I never really did)
It is the same key in hearing God speak to your heart. You have to be very quiet. And in our noisy society that is rare. So tune out and find a quiet place and let God speak. He may have an important message- like how much He loves you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home