Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Lost

I seem to have a problem losing things. I am not sure if it is old age, irresponsibility or what. I hate the feeling that I have lost something valuable. It is a nagging sense of something not being right.
My new response to a loss is to try and not get worked up and raise my blood pressure. I try talking calmly to myself saying:
"It's not big deal. You can replace it if you have lost it. Relax and think. Where could you have put it?"
In the past I have lost the diamond out of my ring - TWICE. Well today I topped that. I lost my RING altogether! It has been loose but I can't imagine how it came off. I have looked in the soup that I was cooking. No luck. Then I checked the garbage grinder with no results.
I noticed it was gone when I finished washing my hands in the bathroom. But there is no way it could have gone down the sink- the opening it too small. If it dropped in the toilet- well it is long gone.
I grieve the loss since I have had it for 33+ years.
Of equal amazement is that somehow I have lost my marriage license too. Not today of course, but at some point in the distant past. It was in a black folder along with my birth certificate, and the divorce papers.
So the question is:
Am I no longer married?
Of course not. These things were just reminders of my lifelong commitment to my husband. No one can steal that marriage from me- I am his and he is mine.
In the same way, I may lose my Bible , my church or my freedom to worship in public. But that does not mean I am not longer a child of God. No one can steal that relationship from me. I am God's and He is mine for eternity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home