Mother Mary Says

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Itchy

I have had over a week of suffering from itching skin. It began on my back, where, of course I can't reach it. I have had to get creative and finally found that my knitting needle worked great! Then it spread to other locations, driving slowly mad.
Of course Jon has such a helpful solution:
" Don't scratch it".
That really helped. NOT!
I tried oatmeal lotion, advanced healing lotion, and other things I had at home. All to no avail.
I was really getting desperate and decided to go to the store and get that often advertised Gold Bond Lotion. I will never know if it would have worked since they did not have any. They did have Gold Bond Powder but it was $8.00. I had a long talk with myself in the store and we decided that if we spent $8.00 and it did not work that would be almost as bad as the itch.
But never fear, they had some Benadryl in a clear gel that should work for $3.95. The container was like the thing you use to moisten stamps and first off I could not get anything out. Upon reading the directions again, it said, not to be used for large areas. Well, let me tell you, I had a large area by now and the stress was making my itch even more!
Then I got a brainstorm and tried the help site at Kaiser online. No answer to my question but they did refer me to the healthwise book we got from them. Frankly I had forgotten we had it. Most of their suggestions I had tried:
Did you get a new detergent for your clothes?
Did you begin taking new medicine?
Etc.
But then I hit the jackpot:
Try hydrocortosone cream.
Yipee- we had some. I put it on liberally - over a large area. Ha!
Just to make doubly sure, I decided on getting new detergent that is for people that are skin sensitive. I came home and rewashed all my underwear and tshirts.
I have to say that within less that 24 hours all the itching was gone. GONE!!!!!
What it took was the advice book I forgot I had.
Do you have an itchy problem? Maybe not on your skin but in your family or your emotions? Check out the advice book - God's word. His remedies are guaranteed, unlike the Benadryl I bought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home