Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Change

Being an O/C I hate change. That is putting it mildly. This week my husband who has worked 2-10:30 PM for 9 years switched to 6:-2:30 PM for the next 7 weeks. So instead of going to bed about 11:30 or so and getting up between 8-9 AM we have to be in bed by 10:00 and are up at 5AM. My body is resisting this change.
Yesterday I accused Jon of being crabby. Truth be told, I am crabby too. Add to the lack of sleep, either going to sleep or getting to sleep in, the temperature has hit 95+ for the first time this year.
This evening I realized that instead of being a willing servant, I felt like a slave. You know the saying" You can tell if you are serving with humility by how you react to being treated like a servant."
It was a minor thing. I watered and wanted Jon to pull the heavy hose back over the fence for me. He had his sox and shoes off and said "you should have asked me while I had my shoes on".
In a typical huffy attitude, I slunk out and DID IT MYSELF.
That is when the Lord reminded me of a parable that Jesus told in the book of Luke:
Suppose you were a master and had servant that was out plowing in the field. Would you say to him,' Come on in and sit down to eat?' No you would ask him to serve your dinner.( it's his job). Would you thank the servant because he served?( no is implied) So you, when you have done everything you have been told to do should say,' We are servants only doing our job'."
So I was only doing my job and frankly, on a non-crabby day, I am thankful to do so. I hope to sleep better and a vow to not be crabby tomorrow, no matter what!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home