Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I'm big enough

Today I was about to walk our dog when he decided to go out the door without his gentle leader and leash. It was as though he was saying,
" I'm a big dog. That thing is embarrassing. I don't need it".
That triggered a memory of our middle grandson. He was about 5 or 6 when this event took place. Jon usually let him sit in his lap and steer on the way to and from the swimming pool in our Mobile Home Park. On this particular day, Micah turned to his Papa and said,
"This is embarrassing. You just sit in the other seat while I drive." Of course, Jon tried not to laugh since Micah was so serious!
While I was out in my car this evening, I heard one of my favorite songs again. Some of the words reminded me of how I am like Buddy or Micah, telling God that I am a big girl and can handle things on my own, at least this time and how disaster teaches me otherwise.
" You take the wheel, I'll work the radio. You take the wheel , We'll go where you want to go.... Whatever you choose, I'm fine, You drive, I'll ride. It's good I don't drive. It never gets me too far. I like it on this side. It's not even my car. You're driving with perfection. Now I've learned my lesson.
That about says it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home