Mother Mary Says

Sunday, May 29, 2005

How you view it.

I am reading a very suspenseful novel called Obsessed. I wish I had not started since I can't get anything done. Anyway, it switches back and forth between two women in a Polish concentration camp and two men in LA in 1973. What hit me was the difference in attitudes and how it effects your day.
In the concentration camp, both Jewish women are pregnant, not a good thing to be, since those women are usually killed. But, so far, their lives have been spared. Martha is very timid and sees the worst of it. Ruth is very brave and sees the positives. For instance, the guard tower is painted and Ruth says it's to improve the guards moods. Martha almost laughed but' the gray skies inside hold her back.'
Ruth moves on to think about how wonderful it would be for the babies to meet and marry in the future. Martha can't believe that while women are being hung until dead by the gate for all to see, Ruth is 'skipping through the daisies and planning a wedding.'
Martha says that she is forgetting that dead babies do not marry.
Ruth replies that that is true but the babies are oblivious to the stink of death around them, they are safe in their bellies, jumping for joy.
" We should take a lesson from them" , she says to Martha.
I thought about that over and over. The same is true for me. I am safe in the shadow of God and can jump for joy. Nothing comes to me that is not filtered through his hands of love. I'm going to have Ruth's perspective from now on.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On the new MWS cd I gave you for Mother's Day, song number ten has a phrase that says, "go on and fly in the shadow of love" -- that sums it all up for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home