Mother Mary Says

Thursday, May 26, 2005

More traffic violators

I was out in my car running errands again at the risk of life and limb. Is it just where I live? If so, maybe I should move.
Today a guy passed me in the turn lane on McHenry , then weaved in and out and in again causing people to slam on brakes and probably mutter at the very least. What was he thinking or was he on a life or death mission?
Next someone two in front of me was in a turn only lane but was not turning and blocked up the whole thing. As I finally got to the front and turned ,I was griping outloud and God said" Well you have done silly things like that too, You are not perfect, either." Now I know that I am not, but I hate being reminded.
Case in point. Yesterday I had lab work done. I stepped up to the desk and gave the receptionist my insurance card and sat back down to read. The next lady stepped up and said" Someone forgot their wallet". Want to venture a guess who that might have been???
Why do I react so to having my flaws pointed out? Have I convinced myself that I am perfect? Probably more to that point, I wish I was. My obsessive habits, I am told, are to make things organized and perfect so life will be easier. But I am finding that being perfect sure takes a lot of energy. It is serious business.
A bigger question is how will I know when I am prefect? When I go a day without messing ups? A week? The checkbook balances, every time. The dinner is delicious, each dish. My anger doesn't rear it's ugly head, ever.
I guess that that is why Jesus came. I never can be perfect but He is and will apply His perfection to my flaws, for eternity. So I can smell the roses and not look for aphids at the same time. I can make a mistake in the checkbook and merely fix it and move on. I can face my besetting sin and know He has to power to transform me.
I vow to relax my slave driving habits and rest in His love and grace.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    huh. i hate having it pointed out, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home