Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Lost

Yesterday as we were walking to dog, I must have dropped the house key. When we got home, there was NO key in my pocket! So I had to trudge back to the park and scan the grass praying for God to reveal it's whereabouts. As I walked, I thought about all the times that my Mother-in-law lost her contact and how God had revealed it to her. Once she dropped it while at church and could not find it. She went from church to lunch and prayed about it as she ate with her friends. When she returned to church, she walked into the narthex, looked down and lo and behold, there it was on the carpet. Not cracked or mashed, even though it was right in the line of traffic. How she rejoiced and I was still thinking about it as I looked for my key.
Yeah, God, there it was in a tuft of grass.
I wish that that was all I lost yesterday. But no! Later in the day, after running way too many errands, I took off my glasses in the closet as I stripped sweaty clothes for a shower. After I was refreshed, I could not find my glasses. Unfortunately they do not have a bell on them like my phone which I also misplace at times. I walked back into the closet and there they were on the floor and I almost stopped on them. They would have cracked for sure.
All that made me think of the three parables in Luke 15 - the lost coins, the lost sheep and the lost son. All talk about how God goes to any lengths necessary to find His lost ones. He relentlessly pursues them ,because He loves them. I guess that my new word, obsessed fits here, huh?
And, no, I do not have Alzheimers, I hope!!! Though I sure can't spell it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home