Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

You choose

When my Gabriel was in preschool, he learned many things. And he was quick to share them with me. Today I was thinking about a couple of them.
1. Cut and choose- One child would cut the snack and the other would get first choice.
2."You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." That is self- explanatory.
So why do I often throw a fit when things don't go the way I wanted or planned? I don't throw it outwardly so others can see, I was trained too well for that. But I do pitch a fit on the inside.
I even sometimes do that with God. When I find that I belong to a club or two that I never signed up for, like chronic pain sufferer. Far better solution? Exercise my right to waive my rights and let God choose and then not throw a fit. It wastes too much precious energy. Besides His plans are for my good and He can be trusted.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Mother Mary,

    How right you are on how we all I think have tantrums. For me it is especially when things happen to me that are out of my control and are caused by others. Kind of like the cut and choose deal. But when it is out of lack of concern for me and selfish on the part of the other I have to learn to give it to my Father because He will take care of me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home