Mother Mary Says

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Welcome home

Have you ever gone to visit a friend, or in this case, a dear sister, and from the minute you entered the house it felt like home? That is what we experienced on our trip. We arrived late for lunch by more standards but it was waiting for us and not just PB&J. We were treated to chicken salad sandwiches with dried cranberries, raisins and nuts. Add fresh fruit to that and who would not feel welcomed?
We were ushered into the master suite for our stay, even though this left the homeowners at a disadvantage with only single beds in the rest of the bedrooms. The wood stove had the house toasty and we spent the afternoon chatting, working a 1500 piece puzzle,( Jon) and knitting( Mary).Before we knew it, it was time to eat again. A great meal was followed by board games, of which I won more than my share!The whole evening was so warm and relaxed. It definitely did feel like home.
After a great sleep in a very comfy bed( I didn't dare inquire where the hosts slept), we were treated to French toast and boysenberries. We sure hated to leave this cozy atmosphere, not to mention the as yet unfinished puzzle.
On the long ride home, I thought about how Jesus said that he was getting a home ready for me in Heaven. It will be created for my personal style . I can visualize the entryway hanging with fuschia baskets. A cozy fireplace with a plush chairs facing it. A library with a never ending wall of books. A massage tub in the bathroom surrounded with plants. Best of all, a sunny sitting room where Jesus and I can hang out together. As much as I long to visit my dear sister again soon, I can hardly wait for Jesus to call me home to my forever place. And like my visit yesterday, the best part will be the relationship.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a special story. I don't know how you can write and tie it all together so well. I feel priveleged to be part of the story.
    You and I have been thinking somewhat along the same theme of our mansion in heaven. I will try to share later by email.
    Rosalyn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home