Mother Mary Says

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Singing over me

He started awfully early this morning , Buddy, that is. At 7:30 Nathan the nailgun man was at it again. Buddy came to me shaking. I decided to sit on the floor with him and pray.
Then I began to sing to the Lord. 'Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. There's just something about that name. Savior, Master, Jesus,... kings and kingdoms will all pass away, but there's something about that name'.
All the while I was stroking Buddy's fur and rubbing his ears. I felt silly but continued with 'A mighty fortress is our God'. Now that is a good battle song. Satan may be a mighty foe but one little word will fell him That word is Jesus.
Next I sang
' Lord you are, more precious than silver
Lord you are more costly than gold
Lord you are my beautiful than diamonds
And nothing I desire compares to you. '
As I prodeeded in my worshipping and petting Buddy, I had a tremendous sense of God's presence. There was a warmth and tenderness that He was lavishing on me, sort of like the tenderness I was giving to Buddy. Zephaniah 3:17 came to my mind. 'God will rejoice over you with singing.' Thanks Lord for soothing my heart and illustrating it to me so graphically.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i have always loved that first song...and along with it, the one with the line that goes "more to be desired are they, than gold, than much ine gold, sweeter also than honey, and the honeycomb..." i love them even more, in my mother's voice.

    - deborah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home