Mother Mary Says

Friday, February 11, 2005

It will find you out

When our Deborah was younger she had a theory that when like this. If you don't get caught doing something, it never happened.
She went through various stages as she grew up, There was the spray paint stage . The target could be the car bumper, ski boots or even the garage wall. Another stage was eating Ice Cream after school when no one was home. What better dessert to follow a cold can of soup? I have to admit that in frustration I even taped a Bible verse on the carton: Number 32:23 "Be sure your sin will find you out".
Fast forward to a couple of years ago. Debe was spending the weekend at our house. She came down the stairs to find our dog on the couch, an absolute NO! She saw the guilty look on his face and told him,
" I know just how you feel. If you get right down, I won't tell anyone".
It may seem that I have shared this to embarrass my Debe , but read on to see there is more to this blog than meets the eye.
Besides being a cheapskate, I am obsessive about cleaning. I even have a 'control binder' that lists the chores for each day. A couple of weeks ago I was cleaning the family room( that is a Wednesday job) and noticed an excess of dust on the trunks we have stacked for an end table. I took everything off and get them both a good dusting. As I got ready to restack them, the stain glass lamp fell on the floor. I began to hyperventilate and perhaps if someone had snapped a picture of my face just then , I would have looked very guilty. I quickly reassembled the lamp declaring to God how good He was to sustain each piece for me. I noticed as I put it back on the 'table' that it was a little crooked. I tried to fix it, but to no avail.
I took a deep breath and finished my work, figuring that it was not THAT crooked and would never be noticed. But I must have been delusional to forget about Jon's super sleuthing. Two days later, I heard Jon upstairs muttering to himself. I tentatively peeked up the stairs to see what was going on. Yup! He had that lamp apart and was trying to straighten it. My "sin" had found me out. To my shame, I did not admit a thing.
Later that day, I thought about how we all try to hide our sin, when Jesus is so willing to cover it with His blood from the cross. But the secret is that we have to 'fess up'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home