Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ok, so I am a cheap skate!

The other day I spent the afternoon with my oldest grandson. We got the KFC special ,including root beer, and just hung out, talking about 'life'. When we were finished I asked him if he had time to put gas in my car. That has been his job on our outings for quite awhile. So of a manly thing.
We drove around until I found a station offering gas for $177.9. Though it was a long line, to me, it was worth the wait. We were confronted by a homeless man, but that is a story for another time.
Finally we approached the pump and my grandson ran inside to pay and back out to pump the gas. I just happened to look up as he pressed the &197.9 button( instead of the $177.9 regular that I had driven around to locate) and began to pump the gas into my car. I was too horrified to say anything. I told myself that for $5.00 worth of gas, it did not make a big difference and who knows, my little Barretta might run better!!!
Later, as I told this story to Jon we had a good laugh. Then it came to me that that is how I come to God sometimes. I just want a ' cheap fill up' so that I can be on my way. I always get more than I bargained for. God has love to dispense and guidance to give and wisdom to impart. The best part is that it is free.
If you happen to see my grandson, please don't tell him this story. I would not want to hurt his masculine feelings. Someday it will be a good laugh, but for now, I am not sure he would see it as funny.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home