Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tune up

Recently I had to have my car tuned. It is a 1991 and many things needed attention. It was good that I took it, but I should never had taken it in by myself as I created a problem unknowingly. Seems that the dip stick was not connected to my oil cap and the mechanic was afraid that it would fall into the oil and be unretrievable. I asked if he had one to replace it. He said that he did not and I would have to go to an auto parts store to get one.
The critical decision came with this question:
“What do you want me to do with this?”
Foolishly I said, “Well I don’t need it so throw it out, I guess. I will just go and get a new one.”
How could I have known that since my car was so old, it would be hard to find and once found would cost and arm and a leg too! UGH! One bad decision that has come back to bite me, in the wallet at least.
Speaking of tune ups, my Pastor had us do a marriage tune up on Sunday. Well, I felt smug. We have a great marriage but I will go along with this and take the check up test.
1. Communication - do you talk with your spouse?
I did well there ,as we do talk a lot. Even more since Jon is home more.
2. Do you pay attention to and are you considerate to your spouse?
Boy I am acing this test. I love doing things for Jon.
3. Are you flexible and willing to compromise.
UGH! I need an overhaul here. Did you know that more marriages fail due to inflexibility than any other thing?
My fit last week was just one sign of inflexibility or lack of cooperation. I tend to be obsessive and see that now as not compatible with compromise. So God has had to order out for a new part here. Actually it will require an complete overhaul of my thinking. But He is up to the challenge and I have given Him permission.
4.Do you still court your spouse?
Doing OK there. I love to let him know how much I love him.
5. Are you faithful to your vow and committed 100%.?
Yes I am- until death do us part.
6. Are you growing in your relationship with Christ?
Yes I am. And believe me, I am well aware that I can’t do numbers 1-5 without Him.
So much for tune ups. They aren’t the cause of problems, they just reveal them. So I will pay more attention to what they reveal, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home