Mother Mary Says

Monday, January 21, 2008

Variegated yarn

I love using variegated yarn when I knit since it’s variety of graduated colors hides so many mistakes. I choose it time and again though I have advanced from preschool to at least first grade in knitting.( It might be a stretch to say intermediate I think. I would have to ask my teacher about that.)
Another thing I love about that type of yarn is that it adds to the beauty of the article I knit. It is almost a miracle to see the colors weave through out the item I am working on.
I have been hanging out in James 1 the last week or so. You know, the section that says,' consider it pure joy when you encounter trials of many kinds for the testing of your faith produces perseverance and perseverance must finish it works so that you are complete '( mature). Trials of many kinds made me think of variegated yarn- colors of many kinds.
So what colors are in the trials of our lives just now? Cancer, of course, hassles with insurance companies and SS., adjustments to retirement( Jon says he feels like he is off on medical leave) and changes in our income, to name a few. But I am believing God that he is knitting a beautiful creation from them, not the least of which is maturing us to be like Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home