Mother Mary Says

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Pick up

I have a new grip and had to voice it here since I can’t locate the perpetrator.
Every day for the nine years that we have owned Buddy we have walked him to our community park. In fact, make that 5-6 trips a day, since he does not like the ‘bathroom facilities’ at home.
And yes, we are good pet owners and pick up after our dog. Until recently so have the other owners in our subdivision. But someone new must have moved in or someone from another area is walking their dog at ‘our park’. and you guessed it, they do not pick up after this pet. Neglecting this one day is one thing, but day after day it has grown yucky to say the least. The other day Jon stepped in it and that was ugly. It is becoming harder to miss the little deposits.
As I was griping, it came to me that we, as people, can drop ‘poop’ on people and then walk away too. That catty remark about a new hair do or dress. That sarcastic quip about your mother in law. Or how about that emotional ice bucket dumped on a teen’s dreams. And unlike dog poop, this ‘poop’ is harder to clean up. Words, once out can’t be deleted. So what to do?
First, you have to take the responsibility for dropping the ‘poop.’ Next, you have to apologize for that snide remark. Then face the fact that words come from the heart, so you need to have a heart cleaning. Then ask the Lord to set a watch over your mouth to prevent such a blooper again.
Good luck.
PS To be honest, today, we have 40 mile a hour winds and blowing rain and I did not pick up after my dog. I admit that I hate in others what I see in myself. In this case, thoughtlessness and laziness. Ugh! So I am not perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home