Mother Mary Says

Friday, December 21, 2007

ABCD....

When Ruth was in kindergarten she learned to read with the animal alphabet.
A is for Ape
A is for Anteater
B is for bear
C is for cat
D is for dog
Etc.
This week we have had to re-evaluate the alphabet. Until now C was a safe letter, standing for
Candy - preferably fudge
Cat- Ruth’s Freebie is the more unique one I know.
Car- wish we had a Porsche in the garage.
Crochet - which I learned in Idaho but now love knitting better
Cards - I love snail mail
And so on.
Now C stands for the dreaded disease that my husband has.
It is a scary letter now and brings fears about the future.
But God was just as quick to bring new meaning to the letter C yesterday.
C- commitment- what God has with his children. Another word is covenant. And his covenant is everlasting, only possible because he is eternal and will never die.
He is committed to our well being and has promised to never leave us or forsake us.
He is called Immanuel- God with us. ( 24/7)
The Holy Spirit is called the Comforter( another C word!)
So I am singing a new alphabet.
A is for available
B is for being with us
C is for commitment
D is for dependable
E is for eternal
F is for faithful
I will have to work on the rest. In so doing I am reprogramming my mind with God’s word and that brings peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home