Mother Mary Says

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Husbands

Why did we marry them?
I hated being alone for many reasons:
1. Empty bed- DUH
2. No one to share my crises with.
3. No one to help with decisions.
4. I wanted someone to help with the kids.
5. I wanted an adult to talk to day by day.
6. I wanted a spiritual companion to pray with daily.
You make your own list.
Things I gave up in marrying:
1. Loneliness
2. The right to chose how to spend all of my time.
3. The right to chose how to spend all of my money.
4. The privilege of making grilled cheese for dinner every night.
5. The last word in decisions.
Add your own list.
Husbands- can't live without them but some days can be very trying.
On those days I have some choices to make:
Do I want peace or conflict?
What battles are worth going to the mat for?
Am I a quick forgiver?
Watch out for Alzheimer. It makes you forget that this man is not your enemy but your Beloved. You forget your first list and remember the second one. Maybe you need to make up the personalized list of why your married this handsome hunk and keep it handy for THOSE days.
If all else fails, I have good news.
Jesus is your last and best husband.
He calls himself the Bridegroom.
He will never abandon you.
He will never die.
he will never divorce you.
He says he loves you with an everlasting love.
He betroths you to him forever.
His unfailing love for you will not be shaken.
He nourishes you and cherishes you.
He rejoices over you.
So trust Jesus and love your husband unconditionally as Jesus loves you.
Need examples? Check out I Corinthians 13:4-7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home