Mother Mary Says

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Unfailing love

I am still stuck on Valentine's Day.
A day about love. What kind of love do you picture? Romantic I guess. Well, that has failed me on more than one occasion, beginning with my high school crush who saw me as a special gal or so I thought, until he went off to college. Then I was just the girl next door. Who needed that when you have college ladies to choose from.
Then there was my first husband who said 'til death do us part' but found a girl at work who seemed just as wonderful, despite our two children and his vow to love me forever. So much for that love.
That put me off on romantic love for quite awhile. The trouble with it is that it is, "I love you because...."
While I pondered this today, I read a love poem by God:
Oh Mary, hope in the Lord, for with Me is unfailing love.
What kind of love?
1. Unconditional - I don't have to do anything to get him to love me more.
2 Eternal- which only God can do since He is eternal, no beginning and no end.
3. Sure and certain for God never lies when he makes a vow.
WOW.
A bonus thought:
God's day where He showed His love was Good Friday!!! That makes Valentines' Day pale by comparison.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Arul Rajan said…

    Nice to read ur content mothermarysays


    arul

    arulforyou@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home