Mother Mary Says

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Miracle

The dust has settled here and the new floor is spectacular. Laying it is like doing a giant jigsaw puzzle- except you have to cut the pieces yourself!
The first weekend this 'puzzle' project began, my daughters and I went away to a retreat in the Santa Cruz mountains. Several stories will unfold in the next days from that time away.
Today I want to tell you how both personal and powerful the God of the universe is.
Ruth and I were traveling to meet Debe. As we drove, we were talking about angels. Most people visualize them a fluffy things but in reality they are huge, and muscular. Going downhill, I decided to pass a big truck so moved into the fast lane to do so. As I moved back over into the slow lane, I saw out of the corner of my eye a car flying out of my blind spot and into full view. I over- reacted and pulled the wheel to bring the car back into the fast lane and found we were headed toward the dividing wall. That won't do, I thought. I over corrected and crossed the two lanes of traffic heading toward a cliff. I once again over reacted and spun the car around 180 degrees and we came to a stop facing uphill on the side of the road inches from the cliff.
I was speechless and Ruth kept saying,
"Thank you Jesus" over and over.
We sat for a minute and decided we needed to just turn around and continue on our trip.
As I drove, we wondered aloud, where all that traffic was when we were moving so erratically from lane to lane.
"The big burly angels must have been directing traffic for us." Ruth replied.
"Why else did we not hit the wall or the cars or go over the cliff?"
See if you can explain it all. We sure can't, without acknowledging the powerful sovereign hand of God. For a child of God, there are not coincidences.
The next day God used scripture to show me that my time from here on is borrowed and I am to live each day more fully for Him.
The following day God directed me to Paul's exclamation that to live is Christ and to die is gain. But Paul knew God wanted him to remain in the body for the Philippians benefit, just as God wanted me to remain for my family.
The third day he brought to mind David's Psalm 91 where he says, He gives his angels charge over you to guard you in all your ways, lest you hit your foot against a stone(or wall).
It was a miracle, plain and simple and Ruth and I lived to tell about it, for your benefit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home