Mother Mary Says

Friday, April 14, 2006

Were you there?

When I was in high school, we had an assembly at this time of year. The only thing I remember is that a black lady sang that mournful song
" Were you there when they crucified my Lord".
This memory came back yesterday when I heard that song again.
Today , due to political correctness, that would not have been allowed at my high school.
To tell the truth, I don't think it hit me what she was saying. But yesterday it did! She was asking me to envision myself at the cross, watching the Lord of Glory die for me.
Then this thought invaded my mind:
I was there, hammering the nails! ( like Mel Gibson in the Passion)
On the Good Friday, I rejoice that that is not the rest of the story. That in the resurrection, I have forgiveness for the sin that put Jesus there.
So it is a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home