Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Guilty

Yesterday I did some things out of character for me and my OCD.
First, I did not put the clothes back on the rack that I did not buy! Normally I not only put my stuff back in the right place, but the clothing that others had put on the wrong rack. I feel compelled to do it.
At the grocery store I selected some shaved Parmesan cheese and put it in the basket. But further in the store I found some grated cheese that was cheaper and put the other back where I took out the less expensive tub. This, too, I not like me.
I guess I was just tired and didn't want to make the effort. But inside it bothered me- really it did. I kept thinking about the clerk who would discover my laziness and have to reshelve my stuff. Being perfect rates high on my list, though I never make it.
Guilt is that still small voice that lets you know that you have done the wrong thing. You might also call it your conscience. Mine guilt seems to work overtime about things that are not a violation of God's law.
My friend Carole would probably say that she 'smelled smoke' meaning that the excess guilt was not from God but the evil one trying to steal my security in God's favor. So away with you, you evil one. Unhand me! I know that misplaced store items will not separate me from God's love.
So there- take that you smelly one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home