Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Guide me

Have you seen the Long, Long Trailer with Lucy and Ricky! We love that movie and can watch it over and over and still laugh our fool heads off. One of our favorite scenes is when Ricky needs to back the trailer into Lucy's Aunt's driveway. Everyone is giving directions at once and he gets so confused that he ends up backing into the rose trellis and taking it out as well as other shrubs, etc. You get the picture.
Well, I am glad that no one had a video camera on me today. I needed to go to a meeting and the painters were parked in the driveway. To compound matters, I had to take Jon's car, the new car, since they were parked on 'my side' of the driveway.
Jon said, no big deal, just back out. You can do it. My heart began to palpitate before I even got in the car. Then he decided to give me directions. I felt like de'ja'vu, Ricky and Lucy all over again. To my credit, I kept my head and did manage to back out, unscathed after only two tries. Of course the painters were in their truck having a break. No pressure there!
Did you know that God gives directions too? He says:
I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go. I will guide with my eye on you- not using a bit and bridle like a horse.
God wants me to so follow His directions that He can just look at me and I get the message and back up or go ahead as He directs. Now if I can only be still long enough to hear Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home