Mother Mary Says

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Weary chaos

Just when you thought is was safe to relax, another wave of chaos has hit and I lack the energy to even sit and write.
We finished the painting and got things put back. That in itself was a big project. Now we are having the floors done so everything must be moved again and the existing flooring torn out before the weekend work day. We even had had to get a dumpster to hold the rolls of old frayed carpet.
Even Buddy is weighing in on the chaos. He wonders where the rug has gone and why. He runs back a forth as we work wearing himself out for sure. And at the age of 13!
I know that in the end it will be gorgeous but the process is ugly to say the least. Messes everywhere. Things piled and shoved and scrunched. UGH!
In the same way, God is working in my life- throwing out the old ugly patterns of my life and building in the new ones- actions and attitudes that are HIS. Love, when I am frustrated. Joy in the midst of trauma. Peace in chaos.( Boy do I need that). Endurance and so much more. And the Lord needs a triple sized dumpster to hold the old stuff in my life- selfishness, pride, anxiety, greed, jealousy, fear, self consciousness, insecurity, incompetence, well you get the picture- huge piles of old ways handed down from my family and their family before them.
So if you do not hear from me for a few days again, perhaps I have fallen under a roll of old carpet and no one has found me yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home