Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Watch out

Another remodel story, as I have come to think of my ordeal.
Today I was carrying yet another roll of worn carpet out to the front yard to be disposed of.
Jon yelled, "Watch out".
I looked to the left to see if I was hitting the new paint job with the roll I was carrying. Nope. Then I checked to see if I was brushing against the wreath, newly rehung. No, it was safe too. So what?
Jon said," Didn't you see the nail strip on the floor? You could have stepped on it and injured your foot."
As I proceeded out the the front, I shook my head to myself. What a difference between us. Being the detail person I would have said " Watch your feet, dear". That you have alerted me to the danger, in specifics.
Why had he not said that the first time? I would have known to look down and not up!
Ah, differences, the spice of life. My Father used to say " If we were all alike, it would be a dull world ". Indeed he is true. God created us uniquely and blends opposites to hone each other's personalities. It is a fact of life that what drew you to your sweety before marriage can be the very thing that drives you up the wall afterward. God's design is to use your spouse to rub off the rough edges, where you do not reflect the attributes of Christ. But sometimes it feels like you have stepped on the nail strip huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home