Mother Mary Says

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Trip to Bountiful

50 years ago the play - Trip to Bountiful made it's debut. It has been performed every year since. In 1985 it was made into a movie for which Geraldine Page got an academy award, as well she should.
It is a movie that has fond memories for me as I have seen it many times with Deborah. Those were very sentimental times for us together.
I saw it again recently and so many new things hit me. I saw myself in it in more ways than before. But the way that is really me is the 'hymn singing'.
I do love to sing to the Lord, in public , at home and even in my car. In fact, my chiropractor thinks it was my singing that kept me from being injured more that I was in the accident.
" Your body was relaxed.'
Deborah has promised that if I have to live with her in my old age, she will allow all the 'hymn signing' I want. Music is just one way that I praise the Lord but a very big way. He is so worthy of all the songs already written and yet to come.
I can't imagine being told,
" There will be no hymn singing"

1 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love that movie
    love you too

    d.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home