Mother Mary Says

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

H.A. R.M.

I had my eyes examined the other day and it is always an event. First, I see the former employees and bosses and get caught up on the latest news. I also have a chance to observe the patients without the obligation to examine to please them.
As I was waiting for my exam, an older man was being pretested. He talked so loud that I could not help overhearing him. It went like this:
" 'Who is your medical doctor?"
He lapsed into a long story about Dr __________referring him to Dr.________ who referred him to another doctor and so on. Then he said:
"Oh did you mean my primary doctor? Well, he is........."
You get the idea.
When asked :
"What medication are you taking ?"
He replied, "I don't know. I have 22 bottles on the dining room table but I don't know what they are or what they are for anyway!"
Finally he was called for his exam and he talked all the way down the hall and all the way back about 20 minutes later!
When I finally had my exam. I mentioned the previous patient to the Doctor. Doctor said that the patient never stopped talking even when asked "which is better, number 1 or number 2."
It seems to me that he has HARM. Hit And Run Mouth. He desires to be heard but not hear. He desired to be known but now know.
That makes me think of a epitaph I read recently:

Beneath this stone, a lump of clay
Lies Annabelle Young
Who on the 24th of May
Began to hold her tongue.

James said " Be quick to hear and slow to speak"
Solomon weighs in with " Even a fool is considers wise if he keeps his mouth shut"
God gave us two ears and one mouth. There must be a lesson here.
So next time I am a babbling brook, remind of HARM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home