Mother Mary Says

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Tests

I don't know about you, but I dislike tests- well to be honest I hate tests.
I never did well on achievement tests because I was a slow reader and never finished.
Then there is the DMV test. Don't get me started on that. I feel that they are out to get me and trip me up. The multiple choice test is too tricky- it depends on how you read it. True/false are even worse. I would much rather have essay questions because, as Debe well knows, if you write enough you are bound to hit what was wanted somehow or other.
It has always seemed to me that tests were designed to make me feel stupid at the very least. They reveal to the testor what I don't know thus making me vulnerable.
Today as I was reading in the Word, I came upon God's tests. They are way different.
First off, He already knows all there is to know about me. His test is to reveal things to me, not Him.
Second, He designs it so that I can pass. It is never more that I am able to bear up under.
Third He sends help at the time of the test, to encourage me. The Holy Spirit is called the HELPER.
So, the next time I realize God is testing me, I will relax and ask what He wants me to learn, not shudder in fear I will fail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home