Mother Mary Says

Thursday, December 29, 2005

How to spell worry

Worry is also spelled,' not enough money.' Not enough for the bills or extras or that vacation I want. Maybe not even enough for the basics as I look into the future. The trouble with the future is that you can't see what will happen.
So you worry and get a bad case of the 'what ifs'. What if the car breaks down? I don't have extra to get it fixed. What if my daughter needed braces? How will we afford that? Or to get closer to home, "What if The insurance goes up on the new car beyond what I alloted in the budget? How will I adjust of the increases in the health insurance after the first of the year? And why did the Post Office have to raise the price of stamps NOW?"
Then I read this thought and had to share it:
'Read your money, don't count on it.'
So what does your money say?
"In God we trust".
So do it. Count on God, not your money.
Matt 6:27 could be translated," who by worrying can add one penny to his bank account?"
So I refuse to let worry rob me of the joys of life. Instead I am going to read my money and do what it says. How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home